Sunday 16 September 2018

September's Lovely Things


Happy Sunday lovely folks!

Autumn is just around the corner and I’m writing these words in my living room, with all the windows opened and the sound of some trumpet players who are performing on the street. It’s about 27 degrees where I live and I’m dreaming about soft blankets, woolly socks, hot chocolate and crispy leaves, but actually I’ve just eaten a huge ice-cream..one of the last of the season I hope!
I’m the worst at keeping update this little place of mine, but there are a few things that enlightened the month of September, that really need to  be shared with you:



  1. Scotland: I visited Edinburgh last January and I loved it so much that I decided to come back to Scotland for the summer holidays! The city was even more beautiful with the late summer light, and I also explored St Andrews, a lovely city on the est coast of Fife, and the Highlands, where I tried to spot Nessie in the deep waters of Lochness.
  2. The open- air market: on Saturday morning there’s a nice market in my little town, where you can buy fruit and vegetables directly from the farmers! I really love leaving house with my favorite cloth handbag, that my mother made for me many years ago, walk to the small banquet of organic fruit and vegetables and choose the best ones, dreaming about al the succulent recipes and being inspired by colors and perfumes.
  3. A new routine: this post is all about weekends, I know, but for me it’s actually the best best part of the week! On Sunday morning I really like to have a slow awakening, with the sunlight coming in from the balconies left ajar, getting up slowly and dragging me lazily in the kitchen to make a cup of tea .. at the moment I’m mad about Lady Grey , with a splash of soy milk, or with sugar and lemon, to be enjoyed in bed with a copy of " The simple things”, the best magazine ever!
  4. Fig jam on toast: figs are among my favorite fruits and their sweet and intense taste is enhanced if you spread the jam on a crunchy and warm white bread! I’m a creature of habit and I usually have breakfast with fresh fruit, yogurt and cereals, but for this treat I gladly make an exception!
  5. An event called “Silent Fireflies”: a walk in the sunset, accompanied by a soundtrack of stories, sounds and suggestions in search of relationships between energy, life, light and shadow on earth. It ended in a cathedral, in the dark, with Handel’s largo..so moving and evocative that I’ve never felt so close to the spirituality.
Love
Martina

0 comments:

Post a Comment