Sunday 23 February 2014

Tiny Beautiful Things Of The Week






"In the door-yard fronting an old farm-house, near the white-wash’d palings,

Stands the lilac bush, tall-growing, with heart-shaped leaves of rich green,

With many a pointed blossom, rising, delicate, with the perfume strong I love,

With every leaf a miracle...and from this bush in the door-yard,
With delicate-color’d blossoms, and heart-shaped leaves of rich green,

A sprig, with its flower, I break."
                                                               Walt Whitman 
                                                     "When Lilacs Last in te Door-yard Bloom'd"
                                                                Leaves of Grass

This week I've read this amazing book of Nicholas Sparks, " The Notebook", which tells the story about a great love ageless and timeless.

How far can love endure? Noah Calhoun has just returned from World War Two. Attempting to escape the ghosts of battle, he tries to concentrate on restoring an old plantation home to its former glory. And yet he is haunted by images of the beautiful girl he met there fourteen years before, a girl who captured his heart like no other. But when these distant memories begin to slide into reality, the passion that had lain still is ignited once more. Though so much is in their way, the miraculous force of their love refuses to fade.

I loved this book so much, so yesterday evening I also watched the movie, with Ryan Gosling and Rachel Mc Adams.
It was really beautiful and touching and I think that, unlike many other movies that don't follow the storyline of the book, this one give a magnificent representation of it. 
The protagonist of the book has a great passion for Walt Whitman and this poetry seems to be, among those that I've read, the one that expresses the best the arrival of spring, which in this beautiful sunny day, seems to be closer.


 

I was so happy to see so many colored blossoms in the woods this morning!!!
 
 



Me and my sister Linda

Love 
xoxo
Martina

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the Notebook but it does set me off crying as soon as the film starts, nothing's even happened yet and I'm sobbing cos I know what's to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you sweet!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute film, always has me crying!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete