Sunday 9 November 2014

A Rainy Day At The Taste Of Childhood


November rain...this first week of the month has been really wet and foggy and, even today, it has rained cats and dogs all the time!!!
Being forced at home all day long, looking from the window the soaked countryside, I've decided to enjoy myself preparing one of my favourite cakes with carrots and almonds, flavors that always remind me of my childhood.
Infact, when I came back from the nursery school at 4 pm, full of joy at the idea of seeing mum and dad, there was nothing better than tasting a slice of this orange cake with a glass of milk!!!
I love almonds and I think the combination with carrots is something delicious..a soft and tasty cake, perfect to brighten up an autumnal Sunday afternoon, spent curled up on the sofa with Jane Eyre (Oh gosh, I'm in love with this book!), Cloe and Minù.


Ingredients

125 gr of margarine
185 gr of sugar
3 eggs
The grated rind of a lemon
1 pinch of salt
200 gr of white flour 00
50 gr of cornstarch
16 gr of baking powder
80 gr of ground almonds

250 gr of grated carrots

Cream the butter until it becomes soft, add sugar, eggs, the lemon rind  and salt. Stir in the flour, the cornstarch and the sifted baking powder.
Add almonds and carrots.
Pour the dough into a cake pan and bake for 40 minutes at 180 degrees.

Dust with icing sugar.

What is the cake that reminds you of your childhood?

Love
xoxo
Martina

0 comments:

Post a Comment