Friday 14 November 2014

Fall Favourites / Tag



Autumn has always been my favourite season. I love its colors, the shades of yellow, orange, red and brown of the countryside, the early morning frosts, the cups of chocolate sipped in the evening curled up under a woolly blanket, chestnuts and obviously apples, enjoyed in many ways ( apple pies, baked apples, cider and so on).

I saw this nice tag on "Kim Jade Louise" and it was lovely to read it, so in this post I want to share some of my favourite things about fall.

Tea?
I'm an inveterate tea drinker and one of my favourites is " Earl Grey", especially in the afternoon with some biscuits or a slice of homemade cake, but since I came back from Yorkshire last month I can't stop drinking the delicious Taylor's of Harrogate Lemongrass and Ginger tea, a fragrant zing of lemongrass, blended with the warmth of spicy ginger root.

Coffee?
I really need a cup of coffee to start the day and my favourite is Costa's American decaf with brown sugar. Lately, however, I also love drinking a cup of hot barley coffee with a teaspoon of acacia's honey.


Candy or Cookies?
Cookies, sure as hell!!! Baking cookies is one of my favourite winter hobbies and I really like to enjoy them soaked in tea or hot chocolate in front of a good movie.

Dinner?
I go crazy for pumpkin, so a Creamy pumpkin's soup, perfect to warm up after a wet autumn day, is the answer.


Scarf?
A tartan scarf I bought last year in Florence, which I really love because it's soft and warm and it matches perfectly with all my coats.


Coat?
A dark green duffle coat that my mother bought me for my graduation day some years ago from United Colors of Benetton. It's perfect with every outfit, especially with dresses and skirts , and it makes me feel beautiful.

Shoes?
My brown leather ankle boots..They keep my feet dry and warm and I've never worn anything more comfortable!!!


Scented Candle?
I rediscovered my passion for candles last year and now it has became a ritual for me to light up a scented candles as soon as darkness falls. Lately my favourite is " Warm Spice Yankee Candle", deliciously indulgent and creamy, a classic blend of vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.


Activity?
Reading, listening "Enya", watching movies, walking in the wood, baking cakes and biscuits, taking pictures, preparing soups and picking up chestnuts.


I've loved to do this tag and I hope you liked it! It would be amazing to know your answers..so I TAG YOU!!!
Love
xoxo
Martina

6 comments:

  1. Very nice post, darling ;) One of next days I'll take a bit of my time doing this like you ^_^
    Kisses :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boots are so lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely!!!<3 They are super comfortable and warm too!!!
      xoxo
      Martina

      Delete
  3. What a fun tag - it's great reading about all the autumn things going on. Definitely agree with the tartan scarf (maybe biased because I'm Scottish) I can't live without mine!

    Sorcha x Bright Field Notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too darling<3.. it matches perfectly with every outfits!!!..I would love to visit Scotland..I did also a course of Scottish Country Dance a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed it!!!
      xoxo
      Martina

      Delete