Wednesday 23 November 2016

Wonderful Wednesday # 6


Goodevening my darling ladies!!!
I'm really sorry to be late again to this merry weekly date, but life has been quite chaotic during the last few days, so here I am, at the end of the day, writing my happy list, glad that I have managed to take some time for myself even today!
Last week my family went through the sudden loss of the dearest aunt of my mother, who was like a granny for me and my sister. We are never ready for such kind of things so, today more than ever, I need to focus on the little pills of happiness that life brought me in the past two weeks to cheer me up a bit:

1. Spending time with my cousin. Last weekend my cousin Francesca came to visit me for a couple of days; she's two years younger than me, but since we were little girls we've always been very close and attached, even if she lived in Florence and we didin't meet very often. Fortunately she's now studying in Venice, which is not too far from where I live, so I've been super happy to host her in my new flat for the first time! We spent the days sharing our secrets, reading the old letters she sent me when we were teens ( which were hilarious!!!), sipping several cups of hot chocolate, eating too many christmas cookies, chatting about life and dreams and watching "Becoming Jane", a movie about the life of Jane Austen. Time flies when you have fun!

2. Wearing my blue beret. It's finally time to pull it out from the closet, hooray!!! One day, while I was wandering around the tiny streets of Venice, I found the perfect hat, the only one that really suits me: a blue woolly beret!
I love wearing it with the misty rain, instead of opening the umbrella, it makes me feel very sophisticated and it gives me a "parisian" look, especially with a touch of red lipstick!

3. Homemade pralines. I'm totally mad about chocolate, especially the dark one, with its rich flavour and its intense aroma! My mother knows me very well and she adores to tempt my tastebuds, so she made some little pralines with dark chocolate and hazels, which were divine! We enjoyed them on Sunday, with the coffee, and the combination was absolutely perfect! Sometimes no one can do things better than a mum!

4. The perfect autumn/winter lipstick. This weekend I took some time to reorganise my make up products so, with the help of a friend who is really into the world of beauty, I tried all of my lipsticks to decide what to keep and what to throw away! It was a big fun and, as always after a big clean up, I felt very pleased and satisfied and I decided that I deserved a treat for my good job!Luckily my cousin Francesca came at the right moment, wearing a wonderful berry lipstick with a pinkish-red undertone! It was love at the first glance so you can imagine my happiness when I tried it and I discovered that it looked amazing on my lips too!!!In addition it was super creamy, soft and comfortable to wear so, as you probably imagine, the day after that lipstick was already mine!

Even only the fact of writing this little list of lovely things has brightened my day, so please don't hesitate to let me know what put a smile on your face last week, because your comments always make my day!!!
Here all the amazing WW ladies:
Sally, Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Kate, Cat, Sam, El, MimmiKerri.

Love
Martina

1 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, Martina. These moments are always so difficult to get through but it sounds like she was so well-loved. Hope you're doing ok.

    I love 'Becoming Jane'! To be fair, give me anything Jane Austen-related and I'm happy - I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your cousin :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend, lovely one xx

    ReplyDelete