Wednesday 9 November 2016

Wonderful Wednessday # 5


Goodmorning beautiful ladies and Wonderful Wednesday!

How's your week going so far? Mine started with a Monday blues, due to a long stressful Sunday at work, that didn't allow me to take the break I needed! I cured it with a cup of green tea and a huge slice of strudel my father made for me with the secret recipe of my granny's mother ( she was from Austria, that's why this cake is so delicious!), so today I feel really better! Fill my belly with comfort food is always the best way to cheer me up!!!
Last week was full of lovely things, so it's better to stop my rambling speech and start with the merry list:

  1. A new blanket. During the weekend my mother surprised me with the most adorable of the gifts: a colorful woolly knitted blanket, she made with the wools we bought at the Yarndale Festival of Skipton two years ago.
    I remember that I was so in love with that blanket that I carried the balls of yarn all day long, even during our walk in the woods; I had no idea she was finishing it, so you can imagine my happiness when I unwrapped the package and I found the blanket of my dreams, ready to keep me warm during the long winter nights!
  2. “ We've always lived in the castle” by Shirley Jackson. This is a bizarre, sinister, chillingly, terrifying story, that leaves you with a growing sense of unease. I barely devoured this little book because I really couldn't put it down! Pages after pages it kept me hooked with its plain creepy atmosphere! Here the first lines:
    “ My name is Mary Katherine Blackwood. I am eighteen years old, and I live with my sister Constance. I have often thought that with any luck at all, I could have been born a werewolf, because the two middle fingers on both my hands are the same lenght, but I have had to be content with what I had. I dislike washing myself, and dogs, and noise. I like my sister Constance, and Richard Plantagenet, and Amanita phalloides, the deathcup mushroom. Everyone else in our family is dead”.
  3. An afternoon to the cinema to see “ The girl on the train”. Last Saturday it was cold and rainy, the perfect kind of weather for a trip to the cinema, to be conforted by a good movie!
    I was looking forward to see “ The girl on the train”, based on a book, wrote by Paula Hawkins, that I read and loved last year when I was in Dublin, so I decided to buy the tickets and enjoy it with one of my favourite ladies! What I liked the most about the book was the atmosphere of suspance, the idea of looking out from the window of a train and imagine the life of the people you see passing by, which is something that I used to do when I took the train to go back and forth from the uni.
    Despite the fact that the movie is set in the USA instead of in the UK, which in my opinion was a big mistake, it's a very good film, with an Emily Blunt's terrific performance and a nice underlying mistery throughout.
  4. Colorful tights. Dark green, burgundy, navy-blue, ochre, brick-red, purple, petroleum-blue ...my chest of drawers is full of adorable tights so, during autumn and winter time, I can indulge on matching them with all my dresses! The simple fact of wearing this kind of outfit make me feel happier and brighter, since the first glance in the mirror. Today I went for a checkered burgundy, blue and ochre dress, with navy-blue tights, brown leather ankle boots and my little hedgehog brooch that I adore!
  5. Dried cramberries. I must confess that I started to enjoy these little sweet treats to prevent urinary tract infections which I suffer from, especially when I'm super busy and stressed out, but I easily became addicted to them because, in addition to their surprising health benefits, they're also delicious! I add them to the yogurt and muesli in the morning, I eat them when I'm running from a place to another at work and I feel starving, but they're also perfect to be tasted like chips, one after another, when I'm relaxing on the sofa! It's always time for crambierries, isn't it?!?!
Receiving your lovely comments is something that truly make my day!!!
Please let me know all the beautiful things that have put a smile on your face during this week!
Here all the amazing WW ladies:
Sally, Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Kate, Cat, Sam, El, MimmiKerri.

Love
Martina

6 comments:

  1. Autumn is the perfect time to rock the colourful tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a blanket knitted for me by my mother, they're such lovely comforting things to snuggle up in after a rubbish day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really?!?:) it's such a lovely gift from a mother..something that can always make you feel cuddled, especially after a long busy day on winter time!
      xxx
      Martina

      Delete
  3. Oooh you must share a picture of your blanket, it sounds wonderfully cosy! I'm sorry to hear that your week started blue but glad that you turned it around so fabulously. Hope you've had a lovely weekend :) C xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do it my darling Cat, I promise!!!
      The warmest hug!!!
      xxx
      Martina

      Delete